Monday, October 12, 2009

exam one done

Today was my first exam of this semester. It was in Diagnosis and Management II, from the lectures on GI, urinary, hepatitis of all ilks, and emergency preparedness. It went fine, with the usual mix of questions that range from obvious to esoteric. Of course, I want them to post the grades ASAP...

After this, I have few actual assignments ahead of me. This class has two more exams, and my other class requires one case presentation and one paper. However, the paper is our "capstone", intended to serve as a master's thesis, and has been in the works since early 2009. That's it. The vast majority of the work will be in clinical, where I have to see patients and present them to my preceptor. This semester's preceptor is a character, who prides herself on being "forceful" and having "a big mouth" but also seems like a very good clinician who cares a lot about her patients.

Because of the extra day of clinical (two per week instead of just one) this semester has been more challenging for most of us than previous semesters. This is especially true for those of us who are working. I've been keeping a mental tally of the weeks completed; my friend has made a paper chain with one link per remaining week, which she can tear off on Saturday nights. Her husband ruefully noted it was longer than he had been hoping. Another friend happily told me last night there were only 73 more days until December 23. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment